Monday 29 October 2012

A place I will always call HOME

I'm happy with where I am now. I love this place, I love Sydney, I love the crowd, I love making new friends, I love the city, I love how lively this city is.

But 1 thing, I'll never let go.. is the city I was raised in. The "boring" city, the quite city, the laid back city, the city of a thousand churches, the dead city... that's what people say, that's what people have in mind when they think about Adelaide. 

For me, Adelaide is the city of nice friendly people where people (even though they're strangers) care for one another, the city of peace, the city of less judgements, the less materialistic city, the city of "i don't care what you wear, I don't care what you look like". 

At times before I sleep, I think about my pasts and most of it happened in Adelaide. 

I miss fishing or crabbing at night till dawn, although sometimes my friends and I caught nothing. I miss fishing on the edge of a big rock that we had to climb. Fishing, waiting, talking, singing, listening and telling stories, and... laughing together. Sometimes with a bottle of beer on one hand and potato chips on the other hand.

I miss laying down on fresh lawn by the beach at night on summer days, looking at the clear starry skies, counting on the shooting stars that fell from the sky. The feeling of amazement looking at nature's beauty. 

I miss my secret place, where I can watch the whole city from the top of a hill. Not too close but not too far at the same time. I miss spotting the tallest building from that place, a 30 storey building that actually looks tall, compare to others.

I miss midnight snacks... whether its AB, o'connell bakery or pancake kitchen. I just miss them all.

I miss driving up the hill just to eat a burger.

I miss... Adelaide... A place I will always call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment