Friday 31 August 2012

Happy Recipe

I'm happier now... I got rid of that gloomy feeling I had in my heart, the emptiness...

When I was in that state where I was covered with all those ugly feelings, I talked to some friends.. and they're like "If you want to be happy, you should choose to be happy and be happy. Its a matter of choice. You're unhappy because you chose to be unhappy."

Somehow they're right but its not like I don't want to be happy, of course I want to be happy. But still it doesn't make any difference although I tried to be happy.

If you're feeling what I felt, let me share my happy recipe.

Ingredients:
Miracles
Opportunities
Blessings
Faith
Gratefulness

Methods:
1. Miracles
Believe that everything is a miracle. You're here on this Earth, is a miracle. Your abilities/talents are all miracles. Miracles that God has given to you. Waking up every morning (or afternoon for some of you) is a miracle.

2. Opportunities
Each time something (anything) happened, is an opportunity. Not just big things like when you're challenged to do something big. But every little things can possibly have big impacts. Problems are also opportunities in life (see my previous blog post). Miracles contain opportunities. When you wake up each morning, its a new opportunity for you.

3. Blessings
Some people didn't realise how much they're blessed! Miracles and opportunities are blessings. It may sounds weird, but this is a fact: the more you bless, the more blessings you get. And it doesn't have to include monetary sometimes. So, bless other people. Offer what you have to help people. Not just money but anything you can do. Like prayers. When you pray for other people, you are blessing them. Or when you give your time for others in need, you're actually blessing them. Being able to bless other people makes me happy cause it determines how blessed I am to be able to bless others. So spread the blessings!

4. Faith
Faith is a power and it a super powerful power. When you fall, have faith! When you have faith in God, you will get not just something big but you'll receive more that what you ever thought, you'll get the impossible. Cause sometimes faith doesn't make any sense which is why the result is more and more and more than the best thing you could ever think in your mind.

"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." -Matthew 17:20-

Have faith in Jesus and get rid of all your disappointments. Don't let your disappointment eat your faith cause disappointment will block your way to great things (faith). Sometimes you feel empty and sad and gloomy and whatsoever, because you get disappointed with what you don't get within your expectations. 


5. Grateful

Being grateful is the happiest thing. This is the key point to happiness is gratefulness. Be grateful for each miracles, opportunities, blessing and have faith in the Lord. Be grateful for little things cause that will make you happy. 

Now, its easier for me to be happy. Little things make me happy. Because now, I often express my gratitude by saying "thank you Jesus". 


When I found the things I look for at home before I felt the house (keys, mobile phone, jacket, socks, etc) I say "thank you Jesus". When I was at the office toilet and realised that there is no toilet paper then found a roll of toilet paper behind me, I feel grateful and say "thank you Jesus". When I walked to the office yesterday, two people smiled and said "good morning", I feel grateful and say "thank you Jesus" and pray so that God bless them. Being grateful actually makes me happier in life. 


Honestly before I was so stressed because I haven't got any proper job and I've been applying here and there but all I get is rejections. And now, I'm still looking for a job and I'm stuck being a receptionist when what I want is a marketing job. But I feel grateful cause at least I got an income and I have faith that God has prepared an awesome job for me. So each morning when miracles started happening, I take the opportunities I get to apply for jobs (spare time I got at the office) and pray with faith. And so instead of stressing out, I just feel happy. 



Anyway, this is another long post. Hope you're blessed with this.

Ciao xx

1 comment:

  1. I love reading this! Thanks for the post! :)

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete