Monday 24 October 2011

First Love

Almost 8 years ago, i arrived here in Adelaide... geez, cant believe its been almost 8 years now.. time flies!

I came from a country where having a maid is not unusual. I dont have to do anything. No cooking, no washing, no cleaning and whatsoever. That's why my parents sent me here, to Australia, where i have to learn many many things in order to survive. I learnt how to cook from my eldest sister who is really good at cooking. Then i stretched my cooking skill from experiences and my love for cooking. 

Anyway........ it was 8 years ago, when i had to do "home economics" as one of my subjects at school. Home economics has nothing to do with the economy, its actually a cooking class. I have no idea why they named it "home economics". (whatever, lets cut the crap)

Back then, our school had a special event and I (who was doing home ec at that time) was appointed to make a cake that i must serve to a group of people (which include some students and teachers).

And here it is:

I know i know... it doesn't look that good, it was my first time baking anyway :p but this cake was my first love, this is where i found my passion for baking, after baking this! It always feel so good everytime i successfully baked. Although i'm not a very big fan of sweets myself.. but i like to make people happy from what i made (especially my little sister <3). I admit that i'm not that great at baking now, well... NOT YET, there are still a lot of stuff and techniques that i need to learn, but i know that i'll master it one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment